Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tribute to Robert Parker - creator of Spenser and Hawk

TRIBUTE TO THE LATE ROBERT PARKER, CREATOR OF SPENSER AND HAWK.

"You worried about things you've done?"
"Nope. You?"
"No. They'll put me where they see fit and I'll try and like it."
"Got to face it - we may not end up together. We've done different things."
“They’ve tried to separate us before. Never seems to work out for them.”
“Beer’s good up here, at least.”
"Might be down there instead of up here."
"Doubt it. I’m still so cool."
"Maybe this is just the ante-chamber. I'm feeling a little warm."
"Then take off your overcoat."
"I would, but, I still have on the wife beater I wore when I fought Jersey Joe."
“That was a good day."
"Yes, it was."

. . .

"You miss her?"
"Not yet. But soon, I think."
"I was talking about the dog, you know."
"So was I."
"How about the skinny one?"
"I suppose she'll be along soon. She's no spring chicken."
"Still beautiful though."
"Course. She's with me”
“Must be why I’m still so beautiful too.”
“I'll wait for her if I have to. We always end up together."
"You know she's definately going upstairs, right?"
"Naturally. She's one of the chosen people."
"But a good person, too. That's got to mean something. What if you don't end up in the same place as her?"
"Then I'll go find her."
"Could be consequences."
"Could be. Always been like that."
"You know I'll back your play."
"You always have."
"Always will."
"Same here."
"I know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in September, 2006. Mostly, it is where I can talk about things that interest me, which I otherwise don't get to do all that much, about some remarkable people who should not be forgotten, philosophy and theories (like Don Foster's on who wrote A Visit From St. Nicholas and my own on whether Santa is mostly derived from a Norse god) and analysis of issues that concern me. Often it is about books. I try to quote accurately and to say when I am paraphrasing (more and more). Sometimes I blow the first name of even very famous people, often entertainers. I'm much better at history, but once in a while I see I have written something I later learned was not true. Sometimes I fix them, sometimes not. My worst mistake was writing that Beethoven went blind, when he actually went deaf. Feel free to point out an error. I either leave in the mistake, or, if I clean it up, the comment pointing it out. From time to time I do clean up grammar in old posts as, over time I have become more conventional in my grammar, and I very often write these when I am falling asleep and just make dumb mistakes. It be nice to have an editor, but . . . .