Wednesday, June 29, 2022

The Seven Pillars of Fascism - III

We covered the first factor on October 14, 2021. If you don't know what I mean, go read the first few paragraphs of that post and come back. Now we are up to the second in line:

The fascist uses force or intimidation to coerce people to accept their political will.

2.     The fascist claim that they are victims and that their opponents are oppressors.

3.     The fascist creates a false scapegoat.

4.     The fascist seeks to divide and often uses race, ethnicity and/or religion to do it.

5.     The fascist gains control of critical social institutions, like the media, the police and the education system.

6.     The fascist is dishonest, and often uses fake crises or exaggerates them in order to more easily take or maintain power.

7.     The fascist takes complete control of the law and all facets of society within his or her reach – not just the reins of government.


You are no doubt familiar with Jews being the traditional fascist scapegoat. They were for the Nazis, of course, the Italian fascists (the namesakes for the rest), the Vichy French, the Soviets, and others. It was fairly traditional in Europe and few countries escaped that trap at one time or another.

Right now, for some, the Jews are, remarkably, one of the scapegoats for the left in our country. I understand that if you are left-leaning or at least sympathetic, you just made a raspberry sound with your tongue, but, it is true. Explain to me how, otherwise, in Sept. 2020, when there was a vote to include anti-Semitism among the impermissible discriminations that a private action could be brought for a certain type of discrimination case – 70% of Democrats, 162 Democrats in all (1 Republican) voted against it. Why not include the Jews? Hmmm. I know the Jewish members in congress voted for it and were shocked – not that they should be. 70 Percent of House Democrats Vote Against Anti-Semitism Measure | CNSNews. Good luck finding a mainstream media site that wrote about it. Explain to me, if the Jews aren’t a scapegoat for Ds, why a Democrat congressman from NY, Ritchie Torres, who overtly supports Israel, announced he would not be joining the “Squad,” precisely because of their Israel positions and wrote:

The moment I sent out a statement denouncing the terrorism of Hamas, I was swiftly demonized by extremists as a white supremacist, as a supporter of apartheid, ethnic cleansing, genocide. Although these comments cause great pain to my loved ones, I remain as determined as ever to speak out. And if I can speak out, then anyone can. And everyone must.”

Rep. Ritchie Torres: Why I support Israel — despite Twitter mob (nypost.com)

Explain to me, if they aren’t a scapegoat for the left, why Jews have actually been rejected by BLM, which they were trying to support (Black Lives Matter's Jewish Problem - In Their Own Words | Joshua Washington | The Blogs (timesofisrael.com); Black Lives Matter’s Jewish Problem Is Also a Black Problem - Tablet Magazine; BLM's aggressive tactics and rhetoric have led to attacks on Jews (nypost.com).

But, all this is available for you to easily research on the web if you disbelieve me. (Yes, after one Democrat, Ilhan Omar made a statement even many Ds saw as anti-Semitic the Ds had a vote to condemn racism – but they were careful not to single her out and thus some Rs rejected it). I understand that those who know it is true will not bother, but neither will those who doubt it, because they do not want to know. The Jews are not the number 1 scapegoat for the left. Neither is the almost legendary “white supremacist,” who, in reality, barely exist. Unless you include those who the left simply term “white supremacists” and then it goes up by millions.

But actually, their biggest scapegoat now, is Donald Trump, and has been since he won the election (actually even before, but few thought he would win). Perhaps no one so epitomizes the Trump scapegoat bandwagon as the increasingly fascist President, who blames everything that is his fault on Trump, including the Afghanistan debacle (created by his own idiocy), rocketing inflation (created partly by his own idiocy, and starting way before the Russian attack on Ukraine) and the border (created by his own idiocy, after Trump fixed it).

But, part of what makes a scapegoat is more than just having political enemies. It is the degree to which we, the hoi polio have accepted it the immediate reaction. And so many have, even some Republicans, who after the NY Times hit piece claiming he abused women, after the Russia hoax, now known to lie at the feet of the Clinton campaign and likely she herself, the Justice Department and FBIs intrigues against him and his underlings, The Steele Dossier, the phony Ukraine impeachment, the phony impeachment of him and trial after he was out of office, the growing mountain of evidence that there was perhaps unprecedented fraud by Democrats during the 2020 election, the fact that Trump authorized 20,000 National Guard troops for 1/6 (not used) and that he told those at his speech to march peacefully, despite the fact that the majority Democrat leader in the House would not let any Republican on the January 6th committee other than outright Trump haters - still believe he fomented an insurrection that never actually happened.

Because when the media and government pound something in enough, they wear people out, the persuade people. I understand that most people do not have time to research issues, that they are fixed or almost fixed in their opinions, that the media lies, lies, lies, lies, every day to them, that government lies, lies, lies, lies, every day to them. I understand that those who support the left have learned to ostracize, feign outrage and be outright violent with those who disagree with them (as they do right now after the abortion case). But, the degree to which it has taken over the mindset of so many people I like or love or respect, whereas they sometimes can’t even answer a question about Trump without literally freaking out, or perhaps making their arguments based upon pure adjectives or sometimes, pure lies they have heard, even if they have been disproven.

The bottom line is that Trump has become what the Jews were to the Nazis. Their scapegoat. And, as with the Nazis, it worked. At least for now.

II

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in September, 2006. Mostly, it is where I can talk about things that interest me, which I otherwise don't get to do all that much, about some remarkable people who should not be forgotten, philosophy and theories (like Don Foster's on who wrote A Visit From St. Nicholas and my own on whether Santa is mostly derived from a Norse god) and analysis of issues that concern me. Often it is about books. I try to quote accurately and to say when I am paraphrasing (more and more). Sometimes I blow the first name of even very famous people, often entertainers. I'm much better at history, but once in a while I see I have written something I later learned was not true. Sometimes I fix them, sometimes not. My worst mistake was writing that Beethoven went blind, when he actually went deaf. Feel free to point out an error. I either leave in the mistake, or, if I clean it up, the comment pointing it out. From time to time I do clean up grammar in old posts as, over time I have become more conventional in my grammar, and I very often write these when I am falling asleep and just make dumb mistakes. It be nice to have an editor, but . . . .