Monday, February 27, 2023

The Seven Pillars of Fascism IV

We covered the first factor on October 14, 2021 and are now up to IV.  If you don't know what I mean, go read the first few paragraphs of that post and come back.

The fascist uses force or intimidation to coerce people to accept their political will.

The fascist claim that they are victims and that their opponents are oppressors.

The fascist creates a false scapegoat.

The fascist seeks to divide and often uses race, ethnicity and and/or religion to do it.

The fascist gains control of critical social institutions, like the media, the police and the education system.

The fascist is dishonest and often uses fake crises or exaggerates them in order to more easily take or maintain power.

The fascist takes complete control of the law and all facets of society within his or her reach – not just the reins of government.

      The divisions in our sick society have grown greatly. These have been implemented almost exclusively, in recent times, by left wing politicians, businesses, radicals, media figures or bureaucrats. The easiest to recognize is the efforts to divide by race. This isn't hard, especially in the most diverse country in the world and where some historic race or ethnic groups have been oppressed (if anything, though not educated as a result of left-wing policies, they are not oppressed now. If anything, they are privileged in terms of laws and even legal case outcomes in certain areas, like NYC and Washington, DC.) The major teacher's unions and many school districts controlled by the left have instituted Critical Race Theory programs aimed at the lie that blacks (although often governed by black mayors and police commissioners) are somehow oppressed and worse, that whites, including little children, are privileged (quite the opposite now) and even oppressors.

      Another way this is being actively promulgated now is by the Equity Diversity and Inclusion boondoggle which Biden is foisting upon federal employees and the military. But, it is not him alone. All of the Fortune 500 companies and many others have forced it on employees, one way or another, and some of them are heinous programs. When it becomes part of government, you lose the rule of law.

      But, Biden is the leader in the cultural insurrection, and his remarks seeking to make racial division ubiquitous and unending are many. Some that come right to mind are frequent comments of claiming systemic racism (despite the two term Obama presidency), saying of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan (who are two of Democrats' favorite Republicans when they weren't running for office) "They’re gonna put you all back in chains,” multiple attempts to make relief programs race-based (and, you got it, not including poor whites) which were blocked by courts, his claim that only whites can be racist, repeatedly calling Trump a racist (for things like stopping Chinese flights to America at the inception of Covid-19, which probably saved untold lives), and so on. I've gone on before about Biden lies, but this is the same guy who opposed busing (he now says only federally mandated busing, but, of course, lies), who was the force behind the 1994 crime bill so hated by the black communitycalled by Joe "the Biden crime bill," who called Obama "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." 

     Biden has also divided us with the Covid-19 mandate onslaught and even his hate speech against those who did not wish to vaccinate, and also against anyone who doesn't want his daughter sharing restrooms with biological males or wants them to have the chance to compete against other women and not men. He would brag about these attempts, and if you aren't aware of them, you don't want to be.

      I don't think I need to spend any time talking about how Hitler and his cronies used race and religion to divide Germany and demonize its citizens. 

      As I've said more than once here - fascism happens differently every time. But it always ends up the same, with oppression and violence and a despotic government. We've already started down that path, and though not yet on the level of a Hitler or Mussolini, we are heading in that direction, and quickly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in September, 2006. Mostly, it is where I can talk about things that interest me, which I otherwise don't get to do all that much, about some remarkable people who should not be forgotten, philosophy and theories (like Don Foster's on who wrote A Visit From St. Nicholas and my own on whether Santa is mostly derived from a Norse god) and analysis of issues that concern me. Often it is about books. I try to quote accurately and to say when I am paraphrasing (more and more). Sometimes I blow the first name of even very famous people, often entertainers. I'm much better at history, but once in a while I see I have written something I later learned was not true. Sometimes I fix them, sometimes not. My worst mistake was writing that Beethoven went blind, when he actually went deaf. Feel free to point out an error. I either leave in the mistake, or, if I clean it up, the comment pointing it out. From time to time I do clean up grammar in old posts as, over time I have become more conventional in my grammar, and I very often write these when I am falling asleep and just make dumb mistakes. It be nice to have an editor, but . . . .