Saturday, January 09, 2021

Part I: Why the right is losing badly.

Here's why the right almost always loses these days, even though, in a partial rejection of liberalism, BLM, Obama, etc., throughout most states, someone as unlikely and unlovable as Trump was elected in the first place.

Look at what happened between Lindsey Graham and AOC. Graham wrote on Twitter, a company I hope is broken up in the near future and taken from people who I consider fascists:

"As President @realDonaldTrump stated last night, it is time to heal and move on. If Speaker Pelosi pushes [impeachment] in the last days of the Trump presidency it will do more harm than good. I'm hopeful President-elect Biden sees the damage that would be done from such action."

Now, leave aside, I don't think we should move on while Portland is still under siege and BLM/Antifa are still the best funded gangs in the country, but address the spreading fascism (I'm going to keep saying what this is fascism, fascism, fascism).

She responded: "Attacking our nation without recourse or responsibility isn't "moving on." A Capitol Police officer just died. Why are you defending this? https://t.co/yTjh6ikNJs."

See what they both did. Graham appeals to reason and healing. She, Miss Defund the Police, whose own preferred groups, BLM/Antifa, have caused tremendous death and destruction throughout the country in months (again, resulting in the death of minorities faster than the KKK or Neo-Nazis could hope for) and has been responsible for the deaths of so many officers about which she has nothing to say, and could care less (I suspect without knowing, is overjoyed) is calling him out as if he is defending a police officer's death.  You can make fun of her if you want. Though I don't want cursing on my blog - I don't mind people calling her a "f***ing bitch" because that's what she is in my mind - a horrible human being who certainly didn't care when her friend called Trump a scumbag. Whatever you think of her character or intelligence, she is so much better and cagier at this Twitter-fighting than anyone on the right. Much better. Why? The left has no shame. They don't care about reason. They will try to get a State Funeral for this officer (and, of course, his death is as horrible as everyone else) though some all but cheer at the killing of any other cop and try to get rid of all cops. That's not too strong to opine when they don't condemn what's going on in this country and even support the violent extremist groups who have done untold damage far exceeding that done by the most recent rioters in D. C.  It is no different in politics than it is in law or personal arguments - people often win by fixing it so the other side can't speak and by not debating, but just relentlessly attacking.

How have they so easily captured the narrative? Well, though someone like me, barely read by anyone can still find a voice on a Google platform or elsewhere, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, the mainstream media, and many other sites, are all controlled by the left and any amount of black supremacism, terroristic, anti-American and anti-Semitic writing is allowed, while Trump and others are banned. The fascists like incoming VP Harris who long ago called for Trump's media ban, have gotten their way. Facebook and Twitter have both banned him. He has gone to Parler (I have supported Parler by joining and commenting a few times because there must be an alternative, but not my thing either to continually follow what others think, and I don't enjoy partisanship in any form).

I also have the same fault as Graham. I want to be fair and reasonable. I don't want to engage in lies or what I consider fantasies - e.g., that because Trump or his attorneys say so the election was stolen, or that Pence had the right to overturn the election himself. And Pence and other reasonable Republicans agree. Of course, some of those now being pilloried, Cruz and Hawley, flew Trump's flag and went with it. They, almost hysterically (in both senses) are being accused of fomenting the attack on the capital. As I said, I can't agree with any of them, including the rioters, but I do get it. Well, what they have resisted, but they should say anyone who can't say "All Lives Matter" should resign. 

What part do I get? The left doesn't care. While right-wingers and moderates (I know it will become harder and harder for people to believe I do not ascribe to conservatism and have never been a Republican) play nice, the left is eating their lunch everyday. They will be relentless, impeaching Trump again, they will not debate the facts, but just state their opinion, they will call you a racist and a criminal if you disagree. They started calling Trump a fascist before he did anything. While many Republicans, who no doubt ran for their lives a few days ago, are being "fair," and measuring their words, Joe Biden is calling two of them like Goebbels. One, it shows his ignorance of who Goebbels was, and what he did, but it also shows that he could care less about being everyone's president. 

A friend (he will read this someday, so let me add, one of the nicest, smartest people I know) asked me as I was finishing this how I could write off Ben Sasse just because he said one thing I didn't agree with and why don't I think about what will fix this, rather than be all doom and gloom (paraphrasing, of course). First, I'm not. I believe I wrote that I don't have to listen repeatedly to opinions that have lost me - but Iisten once.  I still like him Ben Sasse, in general, but he is a good example of why Rs and conservatives are losing, almost always lose now, and he hurt the cause of getting rid of all violence, by focusing only on what the left wants him to focus on - their narrative that only the right is violent. Remember, fascism is already here, and some were elected to office again determined to destroy your right to speak. It's already started, which is why so many people can't even say their opinion in public - they are afraid of being fired, not hired or ostracized. You can't blame them. They may well be. And we can't treat fascists like we treat other people.   

They understand this is a gun-fight (often literally) and that push every falsehood while the other side brings the smallest knife they can find. And when they do fight, like the Proud Boys or the Capital building gang, or even peacefully march in Charlottesville* until attacked with weapons (including, I never tire of saying, a flamethrower), they are pounded by the media, the opposition and even their own side (Charlottesville should have been a wake up call).*

* I am well aware that a right-winger, James Fields, Jr.  (I am told he was a neo-Nazi, but who can believe the press anymore when they so often lie and grossly exaggerate) is now in jail for killing a woman. No doubt he did use his car as a weapon and killed her. I don't doubt that. It may have been murder. But, I no longer believe he necessarily did anything wrong. Maybe he was coming to the aid of others or trying to flee. Trapping and threatening motorists, and then crying assault or murder when they flee, is a tactic of the left.  The disgusting one-sided nature of the debate - completing ignoring the violence of left in attacking the lawful marchers - has left me unable to tell if he was really guilty. Both the media and politicians, even on the right joined in on it. After all, George Zimmerman is still called a murderer when all he did was save his own life. Kyle Rittenhouse will be tried for murder when he clearly was saving his own life from the fascists trying to destroy a small city in Wisconsin. I've never seen a video or heard a description of what Fields was thinking at the time he used his vehicle to ram people - was he railroaded? I don't know. I might hate the guy - I think it's likely - but I certainly hate all those who came there to stop free speech, especially the violent and those who brought weapons. At some point, if this fascism gets stronger, and they try every day harder and harder, I might be wishing he took down more of them, just as most people wish someone had shot Hitler in his youth and the Nazis were stopped when it was easier. 

Their troops relentless attack and try to disrupt and destroy America from the inside, the pols relentless press forward every ridiculous interpretation of law, shamelessly change their tactics (e.g., Trump tried to blackmail Ukraine, Trump tried to bribe Ukraine, uhhh, Trump asked for a quid pro quo, uhhh, it's Trump so, we don't need a reason - let's just call it abuse of power) and will go full steam ahead as if Trump had said "My minions, invade the capital buildings and destroy - ahhhhhahahahahaha!" Do you notice in all the articles about him, or Cruz or anyone else, they never actually say attack or imply it, and in the few articles that quote them, they never calls for violence or destruction and certainly not invading the capital. 

The left wins because while we, the America that is not fascist or does not support fascists (I say again, some are among the nicest and sometimes smartest people I know - they believe the propaganda and almost always only hear or will listen to one side), they were, either by design or relentless energy, taking over education, tech, government and most importantly, the media. They are shameless in their rhetoric and their violence and the media and most Republicans get away with it. And, while very much into defunding the police, believe me when I tell you, they will be replacing those retiring (or attacked or killed) officers with their own fascist troops who will police according to identity politics or social justice (the neologism for "no justice").

Only because I have been told (a lot) that my posts are too long and those who read them can't (hey, that's American now - sound bites and Twitter), I have broken off the second part of this post, in which I discuss what I'm trying to do and what - if I only had a voice that carried - to get others to do. I am not saying only I know or I am perfect (fail all the time - we aspire), but I think this will help. But, since that post will appear after this one, that is, on top of the screen, I will have to start it with - WAIT - GO BACK AND READ THE PREVIOUS POST, PART I, FIRST.

And I will end this by saying - OKAY, YOU CAN NOW GO BACK AND READ THE NEXT POST, PART II.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome.

About Me

My photo
I started this blog in September, 2006. Mostly, it is where I can talk about things that interest me, which I otherwise don't get to do all that much, about some remarkable people who should not be forgotten, philosophy and theories (like Don Foster's on who wrote A Visit From St. Nicholas and my own on whether Santa is mostly derived from a Norse god) and analysis of issues that concern me. Often it is about books. I try to quote accurately and to say when I am paraphrasing (more and more). Sometimes I blow the first name of even very famous people, often entertainers. I'm much better at history, but once in a while I see I have written something I later learned was not true. Sometimes I fix them, sometimes not. My worst mistake was writing that Beethoven went blind, when he actually went deaf. Feel free to point out an error. I either leave in the mistake, or, if I clean it up, the comment pointing it out. From time to time I do clean up grammar in old posts as, over time I have become more conventional in my grammar, and I very often write these when I am falling asleep and just make dumb mistakes. It be nice to have an editor, but . . . .